Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Here it is!


~2440 stitches down, 1 million to go


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I've done so far (I cast on 244 st and I've done about 10 rows to equal about 1.5 inches of work - this is gonna take a while!!). Underneath is the sketch.


The design

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is the design! Up close and personal! Like I mentioned before, it's loosely based on the Shapely Tank by Joan McGowan-Michael, but I essentially just took the short-row shaping technique that she uses. The front is going to have a little arm shaping (enough so it's high enough to not show too much cleavage), but not much. The back is going to cut straight across also, but a little lower. I haven't decided whether I'm going to just do a garter edge at the top, or do something a little fancier. I think I'll end up deciding once I get there. I might not WANT to do anything fancy by that point!

The straps I'm thinking will be a skinnier version of the straps on Mariposa and possibly a different stitch pattern that's a little sturdier than stockinette (I really need to get a Stitchionary). Maybe Seed or Moss stitch.

The shaping will essentially be a flare from under the bust. Then for the bust shaping, I'll use the short rows.

We'll see how it works out! Especially considering I have still not finished a single garment yet.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love your drawing... :) Can't wait to see the project as it progresses.

Marieke said...

It's my attempt at being a fashion designer, hehe! I essentially traced it off my original sketch, but made it a little "cleaner".

Anonymous said...

I like, I like!